Monday, May 7, 2012

You know you're a military spouse when...

the conception and/or birth of your children seem to revolve around deployments.

Yea you read that right.
I married my husband right before our first deployment and only saw him forty-five days in that first year of marriage.  I conceived our daughter within two months of him being home and we were not trying.
Now I am pregnant with our second child and due just a month or two after our second deployment is set to begin.
By the time we reach our fourth wedding anniversary we will be in our second deployment and have two children (unless I carry this pregnancy past 43wks).  It is absolutely crazy to think about.
It's been a whirlwind three and a half years but I wouldn't change a thing.  Sure it's hard to have your spouse gone, especially knowing that this time there is a good chance that he will miss the birth of our child, but I believe deployments serve a purpose.  Everything is in God's hands.  It wasn't in our plan to have children this soon or this fast but I can't imagine life without my daughter and I'm sure I will feel the same way when this second little one makes his/her appearance.

If you enjoyed my post you should visit Wives of Faith to find other blogs to check out.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Oh my! Congratulations! A lot of my husband's friends seem to have the same family planning luck as you. May God be with you =)

Pattie said...

Hi there, you won! Email your address to me, please :) pattie(at)wivesoffaith.org