Thursday, April 19, 2012

The importance of a mother's intuition.

Let's start at the beginning shall we...
On Easter, Emberlynn woke up with a slight runny nose but it was clear so no worries.  The next couple of days were rough thanks to Emy being congested and me also coming down with whatever crud she had.  Well I spent the rest of the week under the weather but Emberlynn rebounded super quick so I thought it was over.  The snotty nose persisted but stayed clear for the most part and she would randomly have a coughing fit but she wasn't acting sick.
Then yesterday happened.  She woke up with a low grade fever and her cough had gotten worse.  She's still not that sick but I just have this feeling I need to take her to see the pediatrician.  Well her ears and lungs are clear.  However her throat is a little red so they do a swab for strep and for RSV.  Honestly RSV never even crossed my mind so I was surprised when the doctor said she wanted to test for it.  I thought that was just a concern for infants.  Well turns out my precious toddler has RSV.  Thankfully for now it seems to be just a mild case.  She still isn't acting very sick.  The fever is gone.  She rarely coughs.  Just that darn snotty nose that is still clear in color.
So I say all of that to say this, mamas even though I'm new to this I know how challenging parenting can be.  Being responsible for a whole little human can be overwhelming.  But please trust yourself.  You know more than you think you do.  You know that feeling you get when you just know.  Face it, you've got mommy super powers.  Put them to good use.

No comments: