Saturday, March 31, 2012

Come October,

There will be a new addition to our little family.  Yes, I am pregnant for the second time.

I've just entered my second trimester.  I'm hoping the morning sickness subsides soon.  I am grateful that I don't get horrible morning sickness but it's definitely not fun.
I'm already showing but that is mostly because my abdominal muscles never went back together after having Emberlynn.  That means my ab muscles just aren't doing there job.
I'm already taking steps to try to make sure this is a healthier pregnancy.  I'm trying to get in the habit of walking on a regular basis.  I still plan to buy a prenatal yoga dvd.  I'm super interested in this set that I found online which is called Holy Yoga.  I figure it will be a good way to also spend time focusing on God.  I also need to consider the Tupler Technique to strengthen my abdominal muscles before carrying and delivering another child.  It is something that can be done during pregnancy so it's definitely something I need to be thinking about so that my body is in better shape.  I also need to drink more water and be better at taking my prenatal vitamins.  You know the normal pregnancy stuff.
I'm starting this pregnancy 10lbs heavier then I was when I got pregnant with Emberlynn so I feel I need to work harder than I did last time.  Last time I took my body for granted and I can't do that again.  Especially since I'm planning a home birth this time.  I need to make sure I am in the best shape I can be in by October.

No comments: