Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the case of the missing blanket...

It all started at the 5am feeding this morning.  Once she was fed, I handed her off to Jesse so that I could use the restroom.  Emy likes to fall asleep on his chest so I went back to sleep knowing that he would put her back to bed once she was asleep.  She woke up again at around 8:45am and Jesse got up to get her as usual.  He changed her diaper and then handed her to me so that I could feed her.  There was only one difference than any other morning, when he handed Emy to me she wasn't wrapped in a blanket like she always is.  And here is the conversation that follows...
Where is her blanket?
I don't know.
What do you mean you don't know?
She didn't have it when I picked her up.
She is one month old, she can't just lose her blanket.
I know but I don't know where it is.
...and where was the blanket you might ask?  We found it wrapped up in his covers.  I would say our covers but we don't actually share covers.  We sleep with separate sheets and blankets.  It didn't make it back to bed with her after the 5am feeding.  Can't wait to see what other funny stories parenthood will bring.

No comments: