Monday, September 6, 2010

my not so fun labor day.

I started cramping Thursday evening.  It was mild so I ignored it.  I'm thirty-three weeks pregnant so I expect to be uncomfortable.  Well around midnight of both Thursday and Friday night, I had three very intense cramps within an hour and then back to just mild constant cramping.  Saturday and Sunday passed without any more of the intense cramps so I had decided to just call my doctor Tuesday morning and ask to come in.  Well today the constant mild cramping was becoming more intense so I called the answering service that my doctor's office has.  The doctor on call recommended that I go into labor and delivery because it had been going on for so long.  Well after three hours of being monitored, a bag of fluids, and a shot of terbutaline I was allowed to go home.  They diagnosed me with an irritable uterus.  Since none of the cramps or pains lasted longer than thirty seconds I was not considered to be in labor.  They have no idea what caused my uterus to get irritated but they got the pain to stop.  So far, I am not dilated and they did not seem concerned about possible preterm labor.  All in all, not the day I was expecting but I'm just thankful that my body is holding her in.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Glad everything was ok! Praying for you, you are almost there!