Wednesday, June 11, 2014

ORC Progress Report

My goal for this 60 day challenge was to post every ten days but obviously that has not been the case. Today is actually day 30.  Half way.  Doesn't even remotely seem possible.  Time has been flying by it seems.  I can feel myself finding a new rhythm that doesn't involve yelling.  I still raise my voice at times but I didn't expect for that to end.  My goal was for the crazy, angry, temper-tantrum (yes I'm talking about me and not the children) like yelling to end and so far I'm feeling pretty good with things.

Right now our family feels a bit in limbo.  We've gotten off track as far as discipline goes.  Right now we're trying to find our path again.  It's a little overwhelming to change something as drastic as the way you discipline your children but we know that our family will be better for it in the long run.  We have to stop focusing on the frustrations of now and look ahead to the young ladies we see our daughters becoming.  It's exciting and terrifying.  The joys of parenthood, right?!

Hopefully I will be more faithful in the second 30 days than I was in the first 30 days.

No comments: