Friday, May 11, 2012

Why I love being a military wife...

I did not set out to be a military wife.  I simply fell in love with a boy who happened to be in the Army.
At first it was scary.  I was sixteen when we started dating, he was eighteen and newly enlisted.  I could list all the fears and doubts I had but that seems like an eternity ago.
Thankfully I didn't let those fears interfere with the development of our relationship.

Now that we've been together almost six years and married about three and a half years, I can't imagine my life any other way.  I love being an Army wife but why?
I love knowing that I make a difference, even if it is only to my soldier.  My husband has someone at home waiting on him.  I can be his driving force to make it home (along with our children of course).  Not every soldier has that and it is so sad to think about.  Every soldier needs their own personal support.  'Support our Troops' magnets just don't cut it during those trying times.
I am proud of my husband and I stand behind him and his desire to serve our country.  No it isn't glamorous, nor does it really pay all that well for the average soldier.  But there isn't a moment I love our country more than when I see my husband in his uniform.  And seeing others in their uniforms reminds me that my husband isn't alone

To read why others love being military wives visit Wives of Faith.

No comments: