Monday, September 5, 2011

Mommy's Girl or Daddy's Girl?

I get this question a lot.  People want to know which parent Emberlynn favors.  Honestly, I don't think she generally favors one parent over the other.  I am home with her all the time so it's not uncommon for her to reach for me when she is upset.  Plus let's face it, she's a breastfed baby and I'm the one with the equiptment.  She loves to comfort nurse and that just isn't something daddy can do for her.  On the flip side, there are times when daddy is 'better' at playing with her or calming her down.  I use the term 'better' not as in superior but mommy and daddy just have different ways of doing things.  We rock differently.  We sing different songs.  We play differently.  Neither one is better or worse, just different.  It all depends on Emy's mood as to which she prefers although sometimes she doesn't get a choice (like when her daddy is at work or school and she's stuck with mommy's way).  And that's okay!  Mommy and Daddy don't have to do things the same.  We're not the same person, why would we?  I think small variations are good for children.  As long as hubby and I are on the same page as far as how we want to raise our daughter, it's okay if there are small differences in how we go about achieving the relationship we want with her.  We both love her and she loves us both in return.  At the end of the day, that's all that matters.  Well that and God.

No comments: