Friday, March 11, 2011

When did we all grow up?

We just got home from visiting my family in Oklahoma.  I got to see cousins that I hadn't seen in quite awhile.  I couldn't help but sit there in the midst of craziness (which is kind of how it is when the family all gets together) and wonder when we all grew up.  I would look around and the cousins that I remember as babies are now teenagers.  And I'm sure my older cousins could wonder the same thing while they met my child for the first time.  It was just so surreal.  In just a couple of years, one of my closest cousins will be moving in with us to start college.  College!  And her little sister, who I held the day she was born, will be starting high school.  Its so crazy how fast the time has gone by.  I'm a mother now.  I have started the adult chapter of my life.  Here at home it really doesn't cross my mind often but while visiting family, it was all I could think about.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I agree,
It is really crazy how quickly time goes.