Saturday, December 11, 2010

WoF Christmas Carnival Day 6: You might be a military spouse at Christmas if...

having your husband home is all you want for Christmas.
I've been lucky in the fact my husband hasn't missed Christmas.  Birthday and anniversaries, sure but so far he has always been home for Christmas.  Last year's deployment (which was our first deployment) ended the week of Thanksgiving but had they stayed for their full 400 days he would have missed Christmas.  I was so thankful to have him home.  I know when we say "I Do" to our soldiers, we know that sometimes they are going to have to be gone.  That's just the reality we live with as military spouses.  But that doesn't change the fact that regardless of my husband's obligations, I'd always much rather have him home.  He was my favorite Christmas present last year.  He'll always be my favorite Christmas present.

*This post is part of a blog carnival.  To read the original post please click here.*

No comments: