Monday, November 22, 2010

Rough Evenings.

Most evenings, my dear Emy has problems sleeping.  She wakes up every half hour or so but it is obvious she is still tired.  Sometimes she wants to eat, even if she just ate, and other times she falls right back asleep as soon as you pick her up.  Needless to say, it gets pretty stressful after a few hours of this.  Jesse and I take turns going in to get her.  This can go on until 11pm or midnight.  Well yesterday was one of those evenings.  And as I sat in the living room rocking her at 11:50pm while my husband was climbing into bed, I managed to find a new perspective.
My beautiful daughter was sleeping peacefully in my arms while I rocked her.  And as I stared at her I realized that as stressful as things can get, I need to appreciate moments like that.  Even if it felt like the hundredth time I had put her to sleep, I know that someday I will look back and miss the baby days.  I will look at my teenage daughter one day and miss when I held her in my arms and rocked her to sleep.  I already feel like she has grown so much in the last four weeks, I can only imagine how fast the years will fly by.
I was glad that in the late night hour, I could get past how overwhelmed and tired I was and remember how blessed I am.  I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful baby girl.  Yes things will be crazy sometimes but it is important to focus on the good and not the bad.

No comments: