Tuesday, December 15, 2009

WoF Christmas Carnival Day 4: The Best Christmas Present I Ever Received

This post is just as hard as the last one but for the exact opposite reason. I've received lots of gifts. Some years Santa got me just what I asked for. And other years my mom or dad went out of their way to get me a special gift. But I would have to say that the best gift I ever received was from my Uncle Rob. First a little background...I am the youngest of the four grandchildren on my mom's side of the family. My cousin Stormie is sixteen years older, my sister is ten years older, and my cousin Brook is eight years older. Needless to say, they often forgot that I was a grandchild and not a great-grandchild. And by the time I was school aged, they had all received hand made mirrors from Uncle Rob. But when I was in high school it was finally my turn. I felt so honored when Uncle Rob presented me with my very own mirror. And I remember the first thing I said, "YAY I'm finally old enough!" and everyone laughed. It was one of the rare moments that I felt like I was considered a grandchild. Plus it is a beautiful mirror and its something I hope to pass on through future generations. It now has a nice home in the corner of my bedroom.

p.s. click here for the Wives of Faith post for the day.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What a special gift to cherish =)

Kathryn said...

Awww what a lovely tradition!