Monday, May 19, 2008

so true.

everyone is fighting a battle. it is sad but true. i have learned first hand that you cannot simply look at a person and know what their life is like. i mean look at me . . . the shock on people's faces when i tell them i cut myself in high school or held my nose and downed alcoholic beverages just to get away . . . the look is priceless.

in high school jesse and i were both depended upon by so many as a counselor/suicide hot line of sorts. i put my own problems aside, maybe even neglected them, to be the strength for the friends i love. i've seen scars on friends that never should have been there. i've even put scars on my skin and heart that were unnecessary.
life will never be fair. even as a christian, God will bless me on this road of life but he will not make keep me from every hardship. now he will be my strength and carry me through the bad times but some valleys make us stronger in the end if we let them. that is a statement that is much easier said upon the mountain top but faith is key.

so like the postcard says, be kind.

No comments: