Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dumb Sheep

tonight at church we had a guest speaker from Cookville MCC.
and his sermon was on love.
a tricky topic indeed.

about a week ago I had a revelation.
it helped me to accept God's peace about my past.
sadly i am still fighting my present and my future.
hmmm, what to do?
i know that it is my responsibility to forgive.
that would be the christian thing to do.
but i'm really struggling with it.
the insulting words hit hard.

but back to our guest speaker . . .
he quoted a verse from the bible that says we are God's sheep.
he also stated the fact that sheep are one of the dumbest animals.
he explained that we are so lucky to have such a forgiving shephard.
a shephard that will come find us everytime we wonder off.
being the dumb sheep we all are.
we know the difference between right and wrong.
we know that the world is a dangerous place.
and still we wonder away from God's loving shelter.

the definition of love:
God is love.
simple huh?
in other words, love is God.
the words are one in the same.
i might be a really really dumb sheep.
but i think my lucky stars that i have God as my shephard.

No comments: