Saturday, November 7, 2009

oh the joys of tangible mail!

last night i recieved my first hand written letter from hubby from iraq. this will probably be the only mail i get during this deployment since homecoming is drawing so near and it took this letter (and a wonderful card that is much more difficult to post) almost a month to get to me. here it is...

October 15, 2009 2:00am

Hello my love,

Ok so once again I am sitting and trying to write this letter that I will probably see you open. I can't think of too much to say and yet some how I feel like I have so much to say. Maybe its just that I don't know where to start nor have I thought much about what to say.

I do know to say that you are a blessing in my life and I could not do this without you back home. You are amazing and the reason I am the way I am.

I don't have too much to say about this deployment. It has been interesting. That's probably the best way for me to put it. Probably the best thing that has happened was me being sent out to the COP. And to think that I hated the idea when I first heard it.

**deleted paragraph due to mention of other soldiers that i don't feel is my place to repost**

Well its not much but its a letter. I will try to write again to you but for now this is the best I can do.

Your loving Husband

No comments: